Friday, May 9, 2014

The house...

...is taking shape. Each week for the past month or so Miles, our drywaller, has come to work on the areas of the house that we gutted. When he comes we have to move all the furniture out to the front porch or into other rooms. Then, when he leaves, we have a mess to clean up, plus we have to move all the furniture back. Here are some pictures:

 Sweeping drywall dust!

 Cleaning Up Mud

 

 

 

 

 Hmm... is Meg doing any work?

The shop-vac has been our trusty side kick!

This weekend we are going to be painting the dining room which is now completely drywalled, mudded, sanded and primed. We are going with green for the color scheme. Mom and I are even sewing rag quilt valances. I can't wait to see how it looks!


Notice the distressed look on Mom's face. It is so hard choosing colors!

~Grace

2 comments:

  1. We need a nice picture of the painted dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until the table is finished and the molding is done!!

    ReplyDelete