Saturday, June 7, 2014

Hey, Y'all!

I know I haven't been posting too much, but I will be starting back up now that I am settling into a routine at work and home. It has been a time of adjustment and blogging just wasn't at the top (or even bottom) of my list of things to do! I haven't really even been taking many pictures, either! I really need to start doing that again!!

Matt came down from Cleveland yesterday for a visit. He now has his own car so he no longer has to rely on the bus to get down here.

Today we enjoyed a big meal prepared by Mom - cheeseburgers, grilled chicken, brats, baked beans, potato salad, homemade pepperoni rolls, taco dip and watermelon. It tasted wonderful! Thanks, Mom, for all the great cooking you do. I made a poke cake for dessert. Mom also planned a cornhole tournament, which she won. The final match was between her and Dad. She was undefeated, so Dad had to beat her twice. But Mom, being the fighter she is, still won!

Since I last posted (which has been a while) we have gotten another rat terrier (Rosie), Meghan has bought more breeding stock for her rattery, we have had Joey's and Katie's birthday, I have gotten my new job at Eye Care Associates plus started training for a half marathon, the kids have finished their school for the year, we have painted the dining room and front room, Tim started working back at the Belpre Dollar General, we started going to church again, we set up the swimming pool and any other various things we may have done that I missed! Life has been busy and full!!

 Tomorrow we are going to church and then coming home for a turkey dinner. We will visit a little with Matt and then he'll head home. It has been a fun weekend.

Here are some pictures that I HAVE taken since my last post:

 
One day we made gingerbread houses. Here everyone is eating it!
 
On days I work alone the kids will sometimes bring me lunch. This day they brought me cookies and then were trying on glasses.
 
 Mom and I were goofing around and this picture of Nollie made us laugh so hard. Mom was shining her iPhone flashlight in Nollie's face.
 
 Here Andy is doing his end of year testing.
 
 Mom has become quite the eBayer. She finds newbie sellers and buys things for really cheap. This shelf looks really nice in the front room.
 
One day Meghan and I went down to Wendy's for a frosty. We had the dogs with us and we both got full and could not finish our frosties. I'm sure you can't guess who got to finish them?
 
Here I am in my work outfit!
 
I took Katie to Blennerhassett Island for her birthday. Here she is enjoying her free birthday ice cream cone. I have some great pictures on our regular camera that I will post soon.
 
 This sums up the two dogs!!
 
 The other day Meg and I walked to the old cemetery that is near our house. There are some interesting headstones.
 
 The past few days have been beautiful - and so have all the flowers.
 
 Honeysuckle is my favorite!
 
 We have been going on bike rides fairly often lately. Mom and I rode to City Park yesterday.
 
Here is the cornhole championship!
 
One of the newly born rats. Meghan also bought some breeders from a lady in Xenia, OH.
 
~Grace


1 comment: