Tonight the moon will be going through a total eclipse (a.k.a. blood moon) beginning at 1 o'clock and peaking at 3 o'clock. This is the first in a series of four successive total lunar eclipses that are each occurring exactly six months apart.
There is much talk surrounding these four blood moons. Click here if you would like to see how much people look into all of this! I only briefly skimmed this article, so I don't know everything that was stated (nor is it necessarily my opinion). This article from Answers in Genesis was very informative. As they stated, "The timing of the eclipses…while interesting, falls far short of the sort of signs that will cause the heavens to shake (Matthew 24:29)."
I don't know what these blood moons mean (if anything), but we will be up watching the first one occur. It will be pretty cool looking, I'm hoping, though I don't know how "red" it will be!
Then God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good. ~ Genesis 1:14:17

No comments:
Post a Comment