Tuesday, February 25, 2014

3, 5, 7...

Once a week during our math time Andy has to do all his counting: odd, even, fours, tens, etc. He does not really like counting, so to make it go faster he runs around in circles. Hmm... he is a weird one! LOL! Today he had with him the ruler that Mom uses for sewing which she allows him to use for math time. Andy was playing a pretend game of chasing numbers with his sword (the ruler) while killing the odd numbers. Then, disaster struck! Here is Andy in his own words:




Andy did not want to tell Mom. I remember the feeling from when I was young. He looked at the penny that we were using for our math lesson and said, "I need help from Abe!"



I told him that the advice Abe would give him was to be honest (he was trying to fix it and not tell Mom).

 Telling Mom

Andy thought Mom would be furious about the ruler. She was upset that he does not always respect things, but at least a ruler is replaceable (a whole whopping $1). The worries of an eight-year-old!


Finding Comfort from Willie
 
 
~Grace
 

No comments:

Post a Comment