Life has been very full and busy here at the Middleton house.
We are finally beginning work on our house, which has been needing some TLC for quite some time. I am eager to see the transformation!
We have been organizing, organizing and organizing. Today we cleaned the upper back porch. It is amazing the things that you come across when you are cleaning! You definitely find old things that you thought were "lost". And it is amazing what the kids suddenly want to keep when you are ready to give it to Goodwill!
We are also busy with the regular duties and activities of running our home - shopping, cooking, laundry, etc. We are trying to switch over to healthier eating which is a challenge. But, we will conquer. We are also trying to do once-a-month cooking. We believe this will cut down on our overall food prep. All of us girls are going to take one weekend out of every month and do lots and lots of cooking. Hopefully we have the freezer room!
Next week is doctor week. Katie and Mom had their check-ups this week and the rest of us have our appointments next week. Fun!
All the animals of the house are doing well. Meghan is trying to figure out her problem of smelly rat cages. It isn't really too smelly, but so many rats only exacerbates the stink. She is experimenting with some new bedding and is going to give litter training a try. Such is life in a rattery!
Daisy is doing extremely well! She loves being outside and is eagerly anticipating the warm summer days. She is a very vocal little girl and always lets you know when she wants something. She still has some accidents in the house, but they are becoming fewer and fewer. And of course, who can resist her darling face when she watches you eating food? I am afraid to say I am the worst with giving her little table scraps! Daisy definitely fits right into our household!
As for the rest of our animals they are all doing well. Colonel is his normal loud self. All the fish just got their bowls cleaned. Lily had a cage clean as well and is enjoying some yummy crickets. We just had a new addition to the parakeet flock since one of the birds passed away just this morning. The new member of the clan is named Skyler. He is very pretty!
Well, we are all glad that spring is finally here. I believe it will be a cold spring, but I am looking to warmer days.
I will post some pictures soon. I just don't have the time tonight! :-D
~Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment